Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Endurance Challenge 2068

I'm sitting in the car at Ballyduff Lower soccer club grounds, near Waterford My nephew Gary is training with the Waterford Development Squad and I've a bit of time to kill.So its my chance to do an Endurance Challenge 2068 update. The event takes place over 22 days in August and when you read what's involved it will give you that gasp factor!Here goes: 120km swim of the river Shannon, 4 marathons (one in each province) and 1780km of biking taking in each of the 32 counties. This is truly the triathlon endurance event of the year! A small number will participate in the entire programme

I will be going to the start line in Armagh for the three-day Tour of Ulster section. This comprises over 470km in the saddle as the expected 350 cyclists travel to Derry on day 1, down to Enniskillen on day 2, and returning to Armagh on the final day.
Online sponsorship charity page is up and running (two, in fact): MyCharity.ie and JustGiving, and I want to take this chance to thank those who have sponsored me already. Go raibh míle maith agaibh!
I've had several requests to include payment via Paypal. This is a very simple option if you have a PayPal account. simply send a donation of your choice to pmm5pla@gmail.com Some funds have been donated here already. Again, my sincere thanks. I intend updating my charity pages when I get a chance later.
Finally, for now, why not take the opportunity to follow my blogging for this event? Simply insert your email address on the homepage to get instant updates; or check back here whenever you want.
I'm off now to watch the rest of the training session.

Sponsorship card arrived today from head office.

No comments: