Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stormy Easter Holidays

Bunmahon Beach
Today, Friday March 22 I got my Easter holidays. It was a wild wet morning, with strong driving east wind. After finishing and locking up for a well-deserved (sic) break, I visited The Art Hand near Bunmahon. 
On my way back home I stopped in at several beaches to photograph the wild Atlantic. One of my favourite photos is this one, taken at Bunmahon. The "snow" in the foreground is sea foam. In fact, it was wobbling like jelly, and every now and again much of it would "fly", driven onshore by violent gusts. It looked like snow even when in the air!
Similarly at Ballyvooney where the foam was swirling around the mouth of a sea-cave, and later at Ballyvoile the strong storm was wreaking its havoc. Time to go indoors and put on a warm fire.

No comments: